2015

Australian Curriculum Geography – Year 2

Australian-Curriculum-Geography-Year-2

RIC Publications

This is the first year that I have had to teach Australian Curriculum Geography, so I actually bought this book early this year in the hope it would make life easier for me, and I haven’t been disappointed.

The index of the book links geographical knowledge and understanding to the relevant page number in an easily followed grid – very useful.

Each section within the book contains the relevant AC focus, key inquiry questions, geographical skills, teaching notes and additional activities. The background information is clear and informative and there are links given for suggested resources.

While I’m not a big fan of black line masters, maps are an exception. I did spend some time looking online for a map of Australia with the states and just dots for the capital cities marked in, to match an exemplar given by either ACARA or SCASA, only to find exactly what I was looking for in the book. Should have looked there first!

While I haven’t seen the books for other year levels, I’d recommend this book for Year 2 teachers of Geography.

Disclaimer: This book was supplied to me for the purpose of reviewing it.