2015

Anzac Ted

Today we read Belinda Landsberry’s beautiful book, Anzac Ted.  Then we all pretended that we were Ted and that we had gone to war. We then wrote letters to friends or family at home. We tried really hard to use some of the vocabulary in the book.

Here are some of the Champs’ letters:

Dear Chloe,

I have arrived in Greece and it is very cold, also wet, and I’ve already lost an eye.  There are lots of people running around.  It’s too busy for me!  The war starts in 3 days.  I’m scared but a soldier said I’m very brave.

Love,

Ted (by Jordan)

Dear Mum,

I have just been to Greece, now I’m in Africa.  It is dreadful at war right now.  It’s like it never ends.  I wish I could come home right now.  Surprisingly, I’m their mascot.  Whichever tent I go in, I bring peace into it.

All my love,

Ted.

PS I miss you (by Kayle)

Dear Mum,

I have arrived in Africa.  It was a long way.  I did along war.  It was very hard for me.  Some soldiers were braved.  I loved the brave soldiers.  I was brave too!  And then the war was finished.  I really loved it when the war was finished.

by Zarah

Dear Dad,

I finally arrived to Greece.  The weather is extremely cold.  All the soldiers protected me in the war and I also protected them.  But I nearly died!  But I know that there are heroes all over the world.

by Akhilan

Dear Mum and Dad,

I finally reached the war.  I hope I don’t fall to my end.  I hope I come back safe and sound.  There were lots of tanks.  I got to drive one.  I am running out of food.

From Ted (by Brodie)

12 Comments