2014

Our Assembly

I’m sure that all who were able to attend will agree that the children in LA4 did a great job in hosting the first assembly of the year.  Thanks go to Lucas Miller for his wonderful song, Metamorphosis, and also for supplying us with a backing track to use. Here’s a comment from Lucas (emailed to Mrs W) after he viewed our video:

Congratulations! You all did a lovely job with my song and it’s such a pleasure for me to hear your lovely voices singing so beautifully. You even got all my little spoken parts between the verses! Thanks so much for sharing it with me.

Lucas

You can read through some of the children’s recounts below and watch the video of our performance.  There are also photos further down the page – don’t miss them!

Before the children wrote their recounts, they again interviewed each other.  This gave them a chance to make sure they sequenced events correctly and included the time words such as first, then, next.  This video shows one of the interviews:

On Thursday, the kids in LA4 went to an assembly.  It was the first assembly!

First we lined up and went to the undercover area.  Then people came and spoke in the microphone.  Then we sang our song.  It was lots of fun!

by Georgia

On Thursday we had an assembly.

First we pinned on our tadpoles and frogs.  Next we got our mats.  Then we lined up in our order.  Then we went to the undercover area.  Afterwards, we sung our song.  Lastly we sat down and someone said, “Please listen to your teachers.”

I felt happy.

by Ivy

Our assembly was today and I thought it was fun.

I said the first part.  I said, “Presented by LA4.”  Next Kane said, “Can Mr Vallis please come and do the National Anthem.”  After that we sang the song and then it finished.  Jaydee said, “Can you please listen to your teachers.”

I was proud.

By Mya Lily

23 Comments